Quebec City, Quebec
At OVA / StellarX, we’re all about people, spatial computing, and XR experiences; it’s what we do best and it’s what makes us different. To design ethical immersive experiences that foster well-being and community building, we start with ourselves. As a team, we’re committed to maintaining a culture that’s open, inclusive, and diverse. In our workspace, Crew members feel valued for their work and are always recognized for what they bring.
We’re on a mission to design immersive spaces that are out of this world! Designed with accessibility and privacy in mind, StellarX empowers everybody to imagine, create, and explore! Not only are we reshaping realities, but we’re using XR to transform lives.
We’re looking for a Visual Designer to join our fun-loving Design Crew. If you’re known for your uncanny attention to detail, trend-driven eye, pixel-perfectionist ways, and infallible design judgement, please keep on reading. 😉 Plus, if you’re a natural collaborator and proactive problem-solver with experience working in a cross-functional interdisciplinary work environment, you may very well fit right in.
As a Visual Designer, you’ll work with our Design, Marketing, Development, and Culture teams to bring our brand and, somewhat wild, ideas to life, with style (of course). Expect to roll up your sleeves and pitch in from beginning to end to ensure that our brand vibe is communicated clearly, consistently, and coherently across all channels and mediums. Expect to put your full range of brand strategy, website development, visual style, and interaction design skills to good use, as you’ll take part in fun brainstorming sessions, advocate brand strategy, own style guidelines, explore visual experimentations, and even delve into product thinking from time to time. Although we’ve been around for a while, we’re a small, yet mighty Crew of passionate individuals looking to impact the world, both virtual and IRL. So, if you’re the compassionate, easy-going, artsy type with a passion for design and a flair for adventure, we should chat. 😍 Sound like you? Get in touch ASAP.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bring the brand vision and narrative to life with compelling visuals across all channels: Create and integrate designs to our websites, stylize marketing content, and shape visual brand messaging.
- Transform existing designs and propose new ideas as well as design applications relating to XR and our brands.
- Produce hi-fi and low-fi design artifacts, such as sketches, moodboards, storyboards, functional mockups, and drawings, while respecting the overall brand messaging and artistic direction.
- Learn, translate, enforce, and champion OVA and StellarX brand standards and guidelines for production-ready files.
- Capable of working independently but collaboratively with cross functional teams to coordinate the timely release of visual assets for various projects.
- In collaboration with the Design Crew, produce production-ready marketing content and material: emails, online banners, websites, print materials, social media content, and all other brand collateral.
- Competitive salary based on experience;
- 35-hour flexible schedule;
- Group insurance;
- Stock-based compensation available.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 5 years experience in graphic design.
- Bachelor / Technical Degree in Graphic Design or relevant design experience.
- Bilingual (English and French).
- Mastery of design tools: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, InVision, and Sketch to name a few.
- Ability to iterate quickly and produce mockups as well as low-fi and hi-fi design artifacts.
- Experience designing pixel-perfect production assets that meet required brand specifications across various channels and media.
- Advocate for design, share ideas with our Crew, as well as communicate ideas clearly and articulate design rationale thoroughly.
- Experience with product development processes, Design Thinking, and familiarity with Sprints and Lean Methodologies.
- Ability to thrive while multi-tasking and remain highly creative in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Collaborate and support Product Marketers, Designers, Copywriters, Producers, Motion Graphic Designers, Project Managers, and Stakeholders on a daily basis to execute first-class work.
- Excited about XR and passionate about design!
- Videography and editing skills are good assets.
- Photography and editing skills are good assets.
- Audio content creation skills are good assets.
- CSS + and Html skills along with the ability to integrate designs to online websites would be highly valued assets.
Sounds like you? Be sure to attach a copy of your most recent CV and send us an intro so that we can get to know you. ✨