Quebec City, Quebec
At OVA / StellarX, we’re all about people, spatial computing, and XR experiences; it’s what we do best and it’s what makes us different. To design ethical immersive experiences that foster well-being and community building, we start with ourselves. As a team, we’re committed to maintaining a culture that’s open, inclusive, and diverse. In our workspace, Crew members feel valued for their work and are always recognized for what they bring.
We’re on a mission to design immersive spaces that are out of this world! StellarX empowers everybody to imagine, create, and explore like never before! Not only are we reshaping realities, but we’re using XR to transform lives.
These days, we're on the hunt for a curious and passionate Financial Controller to join our fun-loving Crew! If you like to perform effective risk management and plan the organization’s financial strategy, please keep reading. And, if the thought of joining a startup that specializes in virtual, augmented, and mixed realities gets you stoked, you just might be the one we're looking for!
As Financial Controller, you must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations. And, get comfortable with the idea of being uncomfortable. We're exploring uncharted territory, so we need Crew mates who aren't afraid to brave the unknowns (and knowns) of the mysterious Metaverse. Consequently, surviving in our industry requires hard work, a creative and analytical mindset, sheer determination, and a serious team player attitude. We're paving the way for spatial computing and we take great pride in our work. We're in this together; nothing can stop us!
Although we’ve been around for a while, we’re a small, yet mighty Crew of passionate individuals looking to impact the world, both virtual and IRL. So, if you’re the compassionate, easy-going, geeky type with a passion for financial strategy and a sense of adventure, we should chat. Now, let's get into the nitty-gritty…
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the accounting cycle;
- Issuing financial statements for the group’s entities;
- Treasury management;Project costs management;
- Implementation of internal controls;
- Preparing and filing documents at the end of the year for the external accountant;
- Assisting management in its growth strategy;
- Implementing and tracking a budget process.
- Competitive salary based on experience;
- 35-hour flexible schedule;
- Group insurance;
- Stock-based compensation available.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or in a related field;
- CPA title is a strong advantage;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software;
- Knowledge of government programs such as FMC
- Knowledge of governmental programs such as CMF’s, an asset;
- Being bilingual is an important asset;
- 2-5 years of relevant experience.
Sound like you? Be sure to attach a copy of your most recent CV and send us an intro so that we can get to know you. ✨